I received this posting through a contact I worked with at Latham & Watkins. I post Sacramento positions since I know many of our SF people lived in the outer edges of the Bay Area.
Forward Observer is seeking a high-performing individual with strong communications, organization and management skills to serve as an office manager for our headquarters office in Sacramento.
About Forward Observer:
Forward Observer is a boutique consulting firm that developsmarket and policy strategies for global companies interfacing with government at the state, regional, and national levels. We provide value to our clients through three core services: Strategy Consulting, Economic and Policy Analysis, and Opposition Research. Our professionals are known for accuracy, objectivity, depth, range, and political sensitivity. http://www.fwdobserver.com
The Office Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day administrative operations of the firm.
Areas of responsibility include the following:
Building and Property Management
– Work with Forward Observer’s building management to ensure proper building maintenance and security
Information Technology and Communications
– Work with Forward Observer’s IT consultants and vendors to ensure that the office’s IT and communications needs are addressed
– Coordinate staff and intern recruitment
– Onboard new employees
– Coordinate the logistics for employee training and professional development
– Track time sheets
– Coordinate the purchasing of office supplies
– Coordinate employee reimbursements as necessary
Client Intake & Services:
– Create and maintain client files
– Communicate with client accounting professionals on billing issues as needed
– Accounts receivable: Generate monthly invoices to clients and track payments made
– Accounts payable: Work with Forward Observer’s accounting consultant to pay invoices to vendors
– Financial reporting: Work with Forward Observer’s accounting consultant to generate monthly financial reports
– Coordinate the archiving and retrieval of Forward Observer materials
– Proofread draft publications as necessary
– Coordinate professional services and subscriptions for research
Administrative Support to the CEO
– Scheduling support
– Other assignments as assigned
Strong candidates should have excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to present ideas and approaches clearly. Candidates must function in a team environment, under high stress, while working on sensitive information. A high attention to detail and organization is key to success. All candidates are expected to have a working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word. Candidates may at times be able to commit significant time and resources (40+ hours per week).
Send cover letter and resume via US mail or email:
Forward Observer, Inc.
Office Manager Recruiting
1111 L Street
Sacramento, CA 95814