Published 20 May 2009
Question: I am eligible for the premium reduction and have been enrolled in COBRA coverage since before the ARRA’s enactment. Can I get a refund of 65% of the premiums I have paid prior to the law’s enactment?
Answer: No. The premium reduction provisions apply only to premiums for coverage periods beginning on or after February 17, 2009. If you were eligible for the reduction but paid in full for periods of COBRA coverage beginning on or after February 17, 2009, you should contact the plan administrator or employer sponsoring the plan to discuss a credit against future payments (or a refund in certain circumstances)
If you have specific questions about your situation and how these new rules apply to you, you may wish to speak with one of our Benefits Advisors by calling 1.866.444.3272. You should also check the COBRA Premium Reduction FAQs.
Published 20 May 2009
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Library Manager
Office: Seattle, Washington
This position is responsible for assisting the library manager by processing publications, filing publications and shelving books, locating missing books, and maintaining the library check-out file.
- File updates to loose-leaf services, books, etc.
- Process new publications received by the library.
- Locate missing books.
- Type book cards and other materials as needed.
- Re-shelve books, including those on floors.
- Maintain book check-out card file.
- Provide additional assistance to the Library Manager, as needed.
- 2+ years working in a library environment, or similar relevant experience preferred.
- 1+ years computer experience; MS Office software preferred.
- Ability to maintain interest and a positive attitude while performing (sometimes tedious) repetitive tasks.
- Accurate typing skills.
- High attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions and work as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with lawyers, clients and staff.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume to Susan Robbins, HR Generalist, at email@example.com, no later than Friday, May 22, 2009.
Published 9 May 2009
We’ve gotten word that with recent changes to the COBRA regulations, if you took advantage of Heller’s very small COBRA window, you may be entitled to a refund.
You may want to contact PayFlex or WageWorks if you made a COBRA payment as part of your continued coverage.
Published 6 May 2009
Open forum time here – are you still unemployed? Or are you underemployed? Now that the deadline has passed for Proof of Claim filing, many of your fellow ex-Hellerites want to know who’s working and who’s not.
Also, as you weigh in on the comments, let us know where you are working, what you are up to or if you are not working, if you need any help.
Over and out,
Heller Drone, your cruise director
Published 1 May 2009
Update: I’ve posted the 5 May 2009 version of the Claims Register in the Bankruptcy section. You can also access it here.
Right now the Claims Register is not properly listing all the claims received – if you notice the latest report, only claims received through April 14, 2007 are listed.
I hope to get the correct claims register posted as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.