The name Heller Highwater is a reminder for all who visit to remember the “highwaters” of Heller Ehrman: when a once well-managed and well-respected firm consistently reached the high marks of integrity, efficiency, respect and dignity towards its backbone and foundaton – its professional support staff.
It is also a reminder of the aftermath of destruction and the mark left on the wall: how a lack of preparation, forward-thinking, open communication and honesty led to the downfall of a workplace one could be proud of.
When the storm recedes, all that will be left is that mark. But a core group of intelligent, creative, and driven people won’t be around to clean up the mess. They will have moved on to better things, better places and better times. This site gives them the tools to do that.
Heller Highwater is not:
– a place to practice viscious and vindictive “whisper down the lane” rumour-mongering;
– a place to bad mouth co-workers;
– a place for diatribes against specific people or specific incidents;
– a place to heap pity on poor Heller Ehrman staff by outsiders;
– a place that discriminates or sets margins noting who is outside and who is inside – we even welcome supportive Heller Ehrman attorneys!;
– meant to further the demise of Heller Ehrman, LLP.
Heller Highwater is:
– a place for support, a place of empowerment, a place of passion;
– a place to learn about job leads, resume preparation, skill building, training, new opportunities, and how to succeed in a new workplace;
– a place to keep up on the latest news as to how Heller Ehrman management intends to treat its support staff as it winds down its operations – will it be every woman for herself? or will it be “let me hold the door for you and is there anything else I can do for you”?
– a place of refuge.
Please read our Terms of Service for more do’s and don’ts.
Note: in no way, shape or form is Heller Highwater sanctioned, supported or even recognized, (but it is very likely monitored) by the management of Heller Erhman, LLP. The opinions represented here and on each and every page of Heller Highwater do not constitute the opinions of Heller Ehrman, LLP or its shareholders or its management.